Tuesday, June 9, 2015

California for Laura's wedding

This past weekend we visited California to attend Laura and Jon's wedding. Laura's mom and my mom were friends in high school, both lived with their families near where they grew up and had daughters about the same age. Our families spent a lot of time together, including our annual berry-picking events, vacations to the same place at the same time (unplanned a couple of times), trips to Trinity Lake and holiday parties. It was fun to see Laura and Jon be married and to see all of the family and friends that love and support them. Of course, we love any excuse to see family, too.

Plane rides can be a real treat.

Stan's on Saturday morning. The best Saturday morning I have had in a long time.

Hazel loves to visit Grandma (Mamaw) and Grandpa (Bampa) and feels comfortable in their house. She usually gets a little (a lot) spoiled and gets to spend her time doing whatever she wants.


Kyla and Casey watched Hazel while my parents, Chris and I went to the wedding. Hazel fell asleep eating french fries. That sounds like a vacation to me.

She napped in a bib that says "Bacon" and "Hamburger" on it because she is awesome.

It was nice to not have to worry about this sweet face ripping tablecloths off of the tables at the wedding and Kyla was nice enough to watch her and then send me pictures on top of it.

Suddenly Presley seems bigger.

Laura and Jon's wedding was at Nestldown in Los Gatos, and there was a train that chugged through the property so we enjoyed a tour during the cocktail hour.

I love the Redwood trees. Nestldown is in a manicured Redwood forest and was beautiful.

Enjoying the perfect Bay Area weather after church.


Then we had to go home.

I was unpacking some of the new clothes my mom bought for Hazel and removing tags. Hazel held the clothes and I asked her to put them in the laundry basket. She laughed and ran into my room where we had an open suitcase and threw them in and said "Mamaw!" I guess she was ready to go back.



No comments:

Post a Comment