Thursday, November 20, 2014

Labor Day weekend in St. George

We spent the long Labor Day weekend (more than two months ago...) in St. George visiting Spencer. I love national and state parks and was excited to visit Snow Canyon State Park while we were there. We did a very hard hike to Jenny's Canyon and then spent some time walking around the petrified sand dunes. I enjoy hiking and exploring and it was fun to visit a park I hadn't been to. The drive through Snow Canyon is beautiful.  It's a relatively small park so it felt sort of surprising to suddenly be surrounded by great rock formations and dunes. We also did some swimming and a lot of hanging out, learning about fractals (Spencer and I got sucked into an educational program on television and couldn't get out. Also, why is the Discovery Channel and History Channel filled with shows like "Finding Bigfoot" and "Cajun Pawn Stars"?) and watching "The Lego Movie" (which is why "Everything is Awesome!" has been coming out of my mouth daily for two months now).
I was keeping Hazel awake until we left at 3:00 p.m., so she was pretty grouchy at this point. Then she got ahold of this paper and was much happier, so I let her play with it and even eat some. She loves paper the way I love ice cream.

A little nervous because she knows tickling is coming...

Just having a grand time while I got my chili-cheese fries craving satisfied.

She was in a peek-a-boo phase. Also, the ottoman in the foreground was where she first pulled herself to standing.

Even napping at Uncle Spencer's makes her smile.

Uncle Spencer let Hazel bring this very exciting red cup toy home, which made her weekend.




Red dirt is good for the body.
Cool phone camera, Mom.

This face sums up hanging out with Uncle Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment